It’s that time of year again, when we contemplate how we want the new year to take hold. It really is all about taking control and setting goals (and, of course, following through). Here are my goals and focus areas for 2019.
19 Goals for 2019
- Lose 10 lbs. To obtain my ‘best’ weight, I should lose 20. But 10 will be considered a success. I have a free app called LOSE IT, which will help me keep track, and I’ve joined a Diet Bet game for January.
- Train (again) for a 5K and sign up for 2 races. Last year was the first time I ran a 5K. I was injured, but I finished. This year I want to train and run at least two more (hopefully without injury).
- Maintain 10,000+ steps a day. I have the Fitbit Versa, which I absolutely LOVE. It will definitely help me keep this goal in check.
- Follow a Low Sugar Diet/No Dairy. This was the best one I could find. Honestly, I’m trying to figure out if a certain food group is causing havoc in my body, and I have a feeling it’s the absurd amount of sugar I’m inhaling. But then again dairy makes me feel bloated as well. We shall see.
- Try Yoga. I know I need to stretch more, and this has been on my ‘to do’ list for several years. Time to do something about it.
- Annual Drs. Visits. – Striving for well visits only. Fingers crossed.
- Read 12 books. One book a month – something that educates and/or nourishes the soul. Suggestions welcome.
- Play the Minimalism Game. 3x.
- Create a space just for me. We have an extra bedroom that I want to make into a meditative, contemplative, hideaway just.for.me. More to come on this one.
- Attend one spiritual retreat. To be determined. I’m not sure what direction I want to go with this, but I’m really ready to embrace spirituality.
- Journal/Gratitude Daily. This is self explanatory, right?
- Fix the kitchen appliances. We have a cooktop that we have to ‘light’, and an oven that doesn’t hold the temperature. They must be replaced this year.
- Start a new blog. Done! Well, sort of. There’s a lot of work I still need to do to make this blog what I hope it to be.
- Create money making opportunities online. I have some ideas on how I’d like to add to the household income. I already have my eyes set on some affiliate promotions that will go great with my blog message.
- Live on our proposed retirement salary for the entire year. We will have our mortgage paid off by the time we retire, so I’m not including that amount. I’m using a monthly figure of what I believe will be a realistic withdrawal from our retirement accounts. The wildcard, of course, is healthcare since we won’t be eligible for Medicare at 62. I’ll have to try and figure that one out.
- Have a NO SPEND year. Yep. You read that one right. A whole year. I will be addressing this in another blog post with my preset rules for the No Spend. It will be very different than what you are usually seeing for a No Spend. I’m excited.
- SAVE 40% of take home pay. With no college tuition payments, and a lower ‘proposed’ salary, this should be a slam dunk. At least that’s what I’m hoping.
- SAVE for a Baltic Sea Cruise. We hope to do this trip for our 25th wedding anniversary in May, 2020.
My 19th goal for 2019 is to reconnect with all my blogging friends whom I have missed so much! Please leave a comment so I can add you to my blogroll!