This May, my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do it in a big way, so we planned a two week trip, including a 3 day stay in Seattle —
followed by a 7 night cruise to Alaska, then off to…
Las Vegas for three nights.
Considering that Seattle is the epicenter of the Covid-19 virus outbreak, and cruises are strongly being discouraged, this no longer sounds like the dream anniversary trip we have been planning for the last two years. 😦
I’ve already pre-paid for air and cruise, as well as excursions and some extras. If I cancelled, I would only get credit for a future trip (by airlines and cruise ship), and not cash back. The cruise lines have given guests the option to cancel up to 48 hours before cruise with no penalty. Airlines have offered a “no change fee” but I would have to use the credit within the year.
Although it is slightly more than two months away, my anxiety level is heightened to a point where I’m leaning towards cancelling. This means I’ll have to make a decision by the second week of May.
What would you do?