It’s been quite a Spring, right? Lots of information to take in. Unfortunately, it’s been mostly negative, ugly stuff. Death, destruction, and loss of income, to name a few. An unprecedented time, indeed.
The doomsayers, fear mongers, and political hacks have all come out in full force to inject more fear. And, it appears they are doing a great job. People are loose canons, just waiting to explode. I know it has affected me in ways I didn’t think it could, but I’m drawing a line in the sand. No more.
We have been fortunate. My husband is still employed, our investments are holding steady, and most importantly, we are healthy. However, in order for me to stay healthy, I have to make a change in how I am ingesting information. Less stress equals higher immunity, right? So……
Starting today, June 1st, I will be turning OFF all social media, YouTube videos, blogs, news, politics, the stock market, the pandemic, or anything else that has been wreaking havoc on my normally positive nature. For 30 days, I will be blissfully focusing on what makes me happy. Self-care, if you will. And I.can’t.wait.
Just a few things I have planned are:
- Reading (light-hearted fiction only).
- Writing (I’ve always wanted to write a book, and now is a great time to start (more on that in a future blog post).
- Hiking. Trails are abundant near me and I want to try them all.
- Visiting with my grandbabies.
- Cooking more meals from scratch.
- Road tripping. My son will be within driving distance in June/July. I’m so excited to see him!
- Learning how to cut my hair. It’s time.
- Starting a Savings Challenge for the rest of 2020.
- Learning a new skill.
- Sipping coffee in the morning, sipping wine in the evening; and
- Anything else I feel like doing that brings me joy, happiness, and peace.
Not everyone can take the month off, I know, but I’m sure the simple act of turning off social media and the news may work for your well-being as well.